Wise Plastics Technologies, St. Charles, IL, is a well-established manufacturer of custom plastic injection molded parts and assemblies. For over forty years, leading OEM’s across a wide range of industries have relied on us as their trusted supplier. We are both ISO 9001 and ISO 13845 certified.
We utilize the latest and best manufacturing technologies at our 2 state-of-art purpose built 100,000+ sq. ft. facilities. Our employees are as important to us as the quality of the parts we build for our customers. We are experiencing explosive growth and are seeking a talented Process Engineer with excellent project management skills and manufacturing experience to join our Company where people matter and are passionate and committed to what we do.
The Process Engineer will assume responsibility for complex projects for the development of manufacturing methods and processes in the production of the companies’ various product lines. This is a hands-on position performing sample activities daily. Investigate, establish, and implement requirements for equipment, tooling, materials, and methods of manufacturing, from pilot runs through normal production. Work with the shift supervisors, process technicians, and other engineering peers. Investigate and recommend alternatives to product designs. Analyze production steps to establish sequence of operations to allow the most efficient, effective method of manufacture. Establish production standards, furthermore, perform cost control and cost reduction studies, in addition to analyzing and correcting production problems.
- Perform new tooling samples using a scientific molding approach. Program robots for part extraction and good part containment. Recommend any tooling modifications to allow for a robust molding window, which will provide the fastest cycle times while producing the least amount of scrap
- Supporting production in root cause investigation and corrective actions
- Determine the best most efficient method of manufacture for each specific part
- Create all work instructions, process flows, cell layouts for all new products assigned
- Develop training related to all production areas, such as material handling, decoupled molding, and any others assigned
- Be a driving force for mistake proofing.
- Support and follow all internal work instructions and support ISO 9001 / ISO 13845 efforts
- Create and maintain mold qualification documents
Education/Experience Requirements: BS in industrial engineering or equivalent plus 5 years minimum related experience preferred or 10 years on the job in injection molding field. Proficient knowledge of scientific injection molding, automation, Wittmann robots, and project management is a must. Silicone molding and Master Molder is a plus.
Applying for an open position at Wise Plastics Technologies is fast and easy.
Please complete the following information and click “APPLY NOW”. Candidates with a resume (resume not required) may attach it below prior to submitting their information:
* Denotes required field