Wise Plastics Technologies is seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager to oversee the purchasing function for our growing, dynamic, world class company. This position will plan, develop and maintain raw material availability, monitor supply and production progress and procure necessary services and raw materials in order to meet production requirements.
· Reviews supplier performance in regards to product/service quality, on-time delivery, serviceability and price.
· Meets with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, provide performance feedback, and review demand forecasts and changes.
· Performs daily review of raw material requirements as derived from ERP and engineering sample requirements.
· Monitors and coordinates inventory levels and supplier delivery dates to assure continuous material availability.
· Expedites and/or adjusts the delivery of purchased materials/services as necessary.
· Places purchase orders with suppliers for goods/services needed to meet production and delivery schedules, MRO, and general needs as required.
· Assists in the search and development of new suppliers to support new programs or other continuous improvement initiatives.
· Evaluates supplier costs, solicits competitive bids and quotations, negotiates pricing contracts, and maintains costs data base.
· Assists in resolving supplier invoice discrepancies.
· Participates as directed in inventory control activities such as cycle counts, periodic physical counts, and obsolescence reviews.
· Identifies opportunities to reuse or recycle materials to minimize consumption of new materials, minimize waste, or to convert wastes to value.
· Ensures reliability of inventory by leading reviews to isolate potential issues.
· Participates in the review and acknowledgment of new customer orders for delivery based on existing production backlog and material availability.
· Perform backup role as required to establish and maintain the production schedule for all manufacturing machine center, assembly operations, and outsourced activities to optimize efficiency and overall utilization.
· Support and follow all internal work instructions and ISO 9001 & ISO 13485 efforts including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) where applicable
Applying for an open position at Wise Plastics Technologies is fast and easy.
Please complete the following information and click “APPLY NOW”. Candidates with a resume (resume not required) may attach it below prior to submitting their information:
* Denotes required field