Manages projects from inception to production. Accountable for customer satisfaction by delivering projects on time and under budget. Provides direction to functional experts in activities tied to the projects. Manages projects through phase gate process and ensures conformance to applicable procedures. Influences outcomes by effective communication and leadership and positive energy.
- Serves as the primary interface between assigned customer and Wise Plastics for the duration of the project.
- Develops project timeline, resource requirements and budgets for the project.
- Coordinates all functional areas (Manufacturing, Purchasing, Scheduling, Tooling, Quality, Sales, Accounting, etc.) in efforts to deliver customer requirements per Purchase Order.
- Leads internal meetings with structured action item register defining tasks, completion dates and ensures compliance to the plan.
- Submits timely updates to the customer on project updates. Maintains open action item list with the customer to achieve mutual accountability and meticulously documents minutes of meetings/ conference calls.
- Engages Manufacturing and Tooling Engineering to deliver robust production solutions within project timing and budget.
- Utilizes the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process to manage customer projects. Presents phase gate reviews to senior management in a timely manner.
- Escalates issues and roadblocks that have a negative impact on the project to Management.
- Generates sample requests, coordinates metrology and quality department efforts to meet on time submission of part approval documents.
- Coordinates the efforts of Process Engineering and Tooling to achieve product conformance within limited iterations.
- Maintains solid models, drawings, specifications and other documentation for customer projects.
- Ensures production tooling, fixtures, and auxiliary equipment, quality fixtures and gages required to produce customer’s product are available on time.
- Participates in cross functional mold design reviews.
- Identifies product packaging requirements, including labeling
- Supports Quality in the submission of samples, PPAPs, and capability studies to the customer.
- Performs job review to evaluate profitability of projects. Responsible for meeting planned profitability on jobs.
- Assists customer service in initial production planning and transition to mass production.
- Initiates and implements engineering changes via the ECN process
- Supports and follows all internal work instructions and ISO 9001 & ISO 13485 efforts.
Applying for an open position at Wise Plastics Technologies is fast and easy.
Please complete the following information and click “APPLY NOW”. Candidates with a resume (resume not required) may attach it below prior to submitting their information:
* Denotes required field