Responsible for developing procedures and methods to manufacture new or existing product lines and manufacturing equipment in the most cost effective and safe manner.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and coordinates the manufacture of fixtures, dies, and automation as needed to support the manufacture of product.
- Investigates, establishes, and implements requirements for equipment, tooling, materials, and methods of manufacturing.
- Establishes production standards and trains personnel in effective, safe operating methods.
- Develops project budgets and monitors expenses.
- Troubleshoots, identifies, monitors and corrects issues of automation and fixtures.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Documents all process changes per internal procedures.
- Manages special projects as assigned and participates in meetings as required.
- Creates all work instructions, process flows, and cell layouts for all new products assigned.
- Supports operations to ensure production equipment is running to established standards.
- Mentors entry level manufacturing engineers.
- Provides design review for entry level manufacturing engineers and interns.
Ability to communicate both written and verbal at all levels of the organization, leadership ability, decision making, lean manufacturing principles, root cause analysis and continuous improvement (A3), blueprint reading, use of hand and power tools, Solidworks, MS Office.
CAD, injection molding, plastics, electrical knowledge, PLC programming
Education Level / Required Certification:
BS Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Mechatronics AND minimum 3 years of experience OR 5 years in similar role or equivalent education and work experience.
Applying for an open position at Wise Plastics Technologies is fast and easy.
Please complete the following information and click “APPLY NOW”. Candidates with a resume (resume not required) may attach it below prior to submitting their information:
* Denotes required field