This is an opportunity for a highly motivated and talented Lead Operator to join a growing company located in the western suburbs of Chicago. The ideal candidate will portray a positive attitude for training Machine Operators in a fast paced, state-of-the-art plastic injection molding and assembly manufacturing environment. Attention to detail is critical for identifying potential defective product, as well as thorough documentation of the cells productivity and quality performance for the assigned shift.
The Lead Operator will oversee 5 to 15 machine operators/temporary workers, and up to 15 injection molding machines per shift. The Lead operator will report and/or correct any safety related concerns. Lead Operators are role models, mentors and will be able to encourage and contribute to a positive team environment.
To ensure communication across each shift, the Lead will attend a shift change meeting each day and provide daily updates on the status of all jobs running in their assigned area. This position also performs in-process quality inspections and final inspections for product in their assigned cell, while ensuring all products are properly identified with the appropriate labels. The lead operator is responsible for reporting any discrepancies on any internal documentation, such as bills of materials, work orders, work instructions, inspection plans, etc...
- High School diploma/GED equivalent with 2+ years' of injection molding experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook & Word)
- Basic knowledge with an ERP system (IQMS preferred)
- Experience within a team leadership/supervision role
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, while maintaining quality and safety standards
- Excellent communication & training skills, bilingual helpful
- Shall perform all duties in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001 and ISO 13485
- Able to read and understand detailed instructions and procedures
- Experience using mechanical inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers and height gages, etc.
- Attention to detail and have a quality oriented mindset
- Possess skills required to improvise and adapt where needed
Applying for an open position at Wise Plastics Technologies is fast and easy.
Please complete the following information and click “APPLY NOW”. Candidates with a resume (resume not required) may attach it below prior to submitting their information:
* Denotes required field
- Lead Operator
- Machine Operator / Assembler
- Process/Molding Technician
- Warehouse Assistant
- Maintenance Technician
- Sales Engineer
- JR Maintenance Technician
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Materials Handler
- Shift Supervisor - 2nd Shift
- Production Inventory Control Analyst
- Director of Supply Chain Management & Materials