Accountable for continuity of computer system services by providing leadership, technical expertise, assistance, and project management. Develops and implements and upholds department standards and procedures. Supervises IT staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots, maintains, administers, and monitors all IT related components (internet, email, file servers, wireless system, scanners, ERP system, firewall, etc.) to ensure minimal interruption to operations. Assists with general help desk inquiries.
- Ensures that all back-up systems are established, functional, and regularly tested.
- Directs the installation of computer software products, modifies and repairs hardware and resolves technical problems.
- Establishes user rights and network security for all network, ERP, internet, phones, and VPN. Partners with all departments and management to determine information requirements necessary for new projects.
- Assists in the selection, purchase, and installation of new electronic equipment.
- Develops, establishes, implements all department standards, procedures and policies and ensures they are followed.
- Performs supervisory duties for IT staff including direction on day-to-day activities, career development, training, and performance management.
- Creates and maintain IT related documentation.
- Develops and implements training programs for end-users.
- Prepares and manages annual IT budget.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with outside vendors.
- Participates in hiring and training of IT staff.
- Serves as back-up system administrator.
ERP system knowledge and experience, Windows servers, voice over IP systems, security management firewalls, virtualization (MS Hyper-V, vmware), VPNs, back-up and disaster recovery plan creation andmanagement, system documentation. Leadership skills, analytical thinking, project management experience.
Education Level / Required Certification:
Bachelors in Computer Science and 5+ years of responsibility for managing IT systems or equivalent education and experience. 1-2 years supervisory experience.
Applying for an open position at Wise Plastics Technologies is fast and easy.
Please complete the following information and click “APPLY NOW”. Candidates with a resume (resume not required) may attach it below prior to submitting their information:
* Denotes required field